Consent and Confidentiality
You (and your child, depending on their age and understanding) will be asked to sign an agreement and consent form and will be asked for consent throughout your child’s treatment. It is very important that you understand your child’s physiotherapy management. If you have any questions at any time, please ask.
Consent is required for your physiotherapist to discuss your child’s clinical details with professionals involved in their care. It is good practice to discuss a child’s clinical details with other professionals in order that services are coordinated to provide the most effective care. All information about you and your child will be treated in a strictly professional, confidential manner.
Physiotherapists working for Chiltern Children’s Physiotherapy service are registered with the Information Commissioners Office. All personal information provided and obtained about you and your child will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Data will be used for provision and administration of patient care only
- Personal details may include family, educational, photographic and medical information
- We will seek your permission before we discuss your child’s clinical details with other professional staff involved in your child’s care
- Written and printed records will be stored and transported in a secure way
- Computer stored information will be password protected and with network security software
What our clients say:
Thank you so much with all your brilliant help with Arthur. Your confidence and professionalism, combined with crucial warmth, made a huge difference to me throughout, but particularly in the early days. We will never forget you.